"Internships" Available Positions
J-1 Internship Positions in American Restaurants
WHO CAN APPLY?
J-1 Internship Candidates profile:
- 21 - 35 years of age;
- Excellent level of English;
- Candidates need to be in the tourism, hospitality, food sciences type of study. Candidates could have a business administration degree if they also had 2-5 years of experience in food & beverage;
- Qualifications: student with studies in hospitality, tourism or food service.
1. Currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a degree-or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution and who enters the United States to participate in a structured and guided work-based internship program in his/her specific academic field.OR
2. Graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to their exchange visitor program begin date and who enters the United States to participate in a structured and guided work-based internship program in his/her specific academic field.
The regulations require that to be eligible to participate in a training program, trainees must have either:
1. A degree or professional certificate from a post-secondary academic institution outside the United States and at least one year of prior related work experience in their occupational field acquired outside the United States.OR
2. Five years of work experience outside the United States in their occupational field.
This provision ensures that prospective participants have an established connection with their home country at the time of application for participation in a training program.
SALARY & ACCOMMODATION
- Starting Salary: Minimum $7.25 per hour (minimum) - increases based on company policy.
- Housing: arranged by company. Shared and paid for by applicants.
- Term: 12 month internship [practical training for J visa]
- Start Dates: All year round
LOCATION & POSITIONS
Maryland, Virginia and District of Columbia areas - current openings in cities such as Baltimore, Belair, Ocean City, Columbia, Hagerstown, Fredrick, Wheaton.Position: work in small to large restaurants
- Dunkin Donuts;
- Famous Daves Restaurants.
- Fees: 2300 USD for placement and sponsorship.
- Additional costs: SEVIS fee, airfare, insurance.